The Case 53s are capes that were artificially created by Cauldron and exhibit physical deformities or unnatural differences as a side-effect of the process that granted them their parahuman abilities.
Case 53 is a PRT designation. According to Wildbow, case numbers indicate issues that the PRT would want to look into further. Also according to Wildbow, other, earlier PRT case numbers included:
- A hostage incident
- Major financial malfeasance (ie. using Thinker powers to scam the system)
- Tracking incidents with a pattern suggesting a given Stranger
- The first parahuman gangs
- Tinker item X found in the marketplace
- Suspected sources of powers
- The Dealer , reported to be selling powers via. vials (Cauldron offshoot)
- [Redacted] information regarding visions of [redacted] during a trigger event, written in a dream journal.
- First few class S threats
- Narwhal's second trigger.
- Creatures found in an area, later discovered to be Master minions.
This category has the following 2 subcategories, out of 2 total.