Myriad, was one of the last drafts before J.C. McCrae started writing Worm. Closest to the final product but with several missing elements and mixed around pieces.
Taylor goes out in her bug costume ready to be a hero. But upon approaching a police barricade to speak with the SRT captain, is immediately labeled a villain and consequently assaulted by Glory Girl. Gets injured. Yeah
She comes to at the Undersiders hideout, having been saved by the same group that was robbing the bank. Is introduced to her new teamates in turn, and eventually taken home by Amara who covers for her largely the same way she and Grue covered for Taylor after Bakuda's bombing spree.
Tayor meets with Amara at Winslow and faces down another attempt to recruit her to the Undersiders. Taylor goes to Wards HQ to try and join them but descoveres a dark secret and decides to leave.
Decides to join the Undersiders in full afterward, shares the events of getting her power over lunch. Taylor and Amara start to eat lunch together. They get into a discussion about their powers and how it alters their perceptions.
Then they hear the endbringer sirens.
Introduced Concepts Edit
- Taylor as main protagonist
- Wanted to be a hero but ended up as a villain
- Trigger event largely the same
- Faultline’s Crew
- The Undersiders
- Superhuman Response Team
- Largely what is seen in Worm.
- the Abbots
- Asian Bad Boys
- goes into more detail about their impact in the school.
- beeters and skels wearing green and white are also mentioned
The Undersiders (unnamed) Edit
- Deduce-an early version of Tattletale, a student at Taylor's school. Gives her first name as Amara.
- Bitch- more socially adroit yet still dismissive, training to be a veterinarian, dog monstrosities include a chihuahua. Gives Taylor an examination at the behast of Grue.
- Regent- largely the same as Canon, teasing attitude carried over
- Grue- largely the same as Canon
- Taylor Jane Abbot- called Myraid by the press
- again already formulated
The Wards Edit
- Aegis- here female wearing a similar red costume but with a skirt and bare legs.
- Shadow Stalker- Here her identity is revealed early by Myraid matching her body type to Sophia.
- Glory Girl- largly the same as canon though described as wearing literal armor of some kind.
For later.The draft Myriad