The Thanda are a type of cape operating in the Indian sub-continent.
Goals and MethodsEdit
In India, capes are strictly divided not just between Hero and Villain but also between the Garama, the media-savvy, ostentatious, and well-known "hot" capes, and the Thanda, the unacknowledged, unofficial "cold" capes.
Since the Thanda are not a unified team, they do not have an entirely homogeneous set of goals, besides preferring to stay hidden and unacknowledged. However, they are said to have the killer instinct that has allowed India to fight off Endbringer attacks. Defiant describes them as fighting "for real, not for play."
Thanda capes generally take names that can be repeated in general conversation without tipping off an eavesdropper about the nature of the subject.
- Phir Sē
- Turanta, attended key meeting as leader, holds "astrologer" shard.
- Sifara, attended key meeting as leader. Telekinetic with the power to maintain spatial relationships, was able to effectively counter Khonsu.
- Bahu, leader
- Unnamed teleporter, specializing in "meteorite" strikes
- Unnamed member with a power similar to Clockblocker's
- Thanda (ठंडा) is the Hindi word for "cold", pronounced with a hard "t".
- In Hindi Phir Sē (फिर से) means "once again".
- In HIndi Sifara (सिफ़र) means "zero".
- In Hindi Turanta (तुरन्त) means "immediate" or "swift".
- In HIndi Bahu (बहू) means "daughter in law".